Sunday, October 11, 2009

Shopping for another week.

I've neglected poor Shop 4 Kids this week.  A confluence of events have meant that our life has been crazy this past week and I just haven't had the time to read my magazine.

A job interview for Tony, a vatload of marking for me, a new car seat required for the baby who did a growth spurt, the changing of the seasons requiring tomato bushes to be planted (hey, I have my priorities!), the end of the non-teaching break and the brilliant decision to spend all yesterday driving around looking at houses even though a) we don't have plans to buy a new house and b) we don't have the money to buy a new house all mean that today involves me, a stack of essays, a HB pencil and a cramping hand.

(The sad side effect of the computer age - whenever I have to handwrite now for more than a few sentences, I cramp up.  My copperplate is suffering.)

Which is a long way of saying that it looks like it will be Shop 4 Kids for another week - until my marking is done and I have time to get to the newsagent and choose another title.  (I have some good ones in mind though.)

No comments:

Post a Comment