Monday, October 19, 2009

It's not paranoia if it's true.


Magazine Monday has rolled around again, and after the consumer bent of the last two weeks, I wanted to take another path.

I enjoyed reading about tractors, so I thought it was time to expand my vehicle horizons.  Now I could have chosen boats, planes (real and/or model), motorcycles, bicycles, cars, steam trains, electric trains or unicycles.  (Ok, I'm not sure there actually is a unicycling magazine.  But it wouldn't surprise me if there was.) 

I decided to think a little outside the square.   And so, introducing....




UFOlogist!

The subtitle is Beyond Imagination Lies Truth.

I can tell it's going to be an educational week for me, because the first page alone has taught me many new words and methods of scientific studies.  There's the relatively boring fields of geomancygematria and simulacra.   Then there's archaeoastronomy, a science described as "A field with academic work of high quality at one end but uncontrolled speculation bordering on lunacy at the other".  I'm sure UFOlogist falls into the high quality end.

My favourite however is euphonics.   Spell checker doesn't like it and google doesn't think it exists.  (And, in case you were wondering, Classic Tractor kicks euphonic's butt in a googlefight.)  So I figure by the end of this week, I'm going to be smarter than spellcheck and google combined.  Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment